Emergency plumber in Saltash – case study
In the early hours of Wednesday morning an emergency plumber in saltash was required at a local residents. This job involved a broken water pipe that had started leaking all over the place. Plymstock Plumbing and Heating pride itself on the fact in can respond quickly to any emergency plumbing in Saltash or the surrounding areas and was happy to oblige.
To give you an idea of the 5 most common calls we get for our emergency plumbing see below. Of course if you have any of them be sure to give us a call. We will be the quickest response to anybody who requires an emergency plumber in Saltash.
The 5 most common calls for an emergency plumber in Saltash and what to do before the plumber arrives.
- Broken Water Pipes: The number 1 priority, until the emergency plumber arrives on the scene is stop water flowing out of the leak in the pipe. Locate the main shutoff valve to the house and close it. Turning off the shutoff valve will close the water supply to the fixtures and therefore stop the flood. After the main shutoff valve to the home is closed, turn on the cold water taps to drain the pipes from the trapped water. After the water stops flowing from the broken water line, call a local emergency plumber in saltash to repair or replace the broken section of plumbing.
- Leaky Plumbing Fixtures: Close the water shutoff valve leading to the leaky plumbing fixture. Check the plumbing fixture’s trap for debris, hair, soap scum, and food particles that might obstruct its opening and cause overflowing of the fixture. Contact an emergency plumber in Saltash for effective plumbing fixture repairs.
- Blocked Drains & Toilets: Try to lift the plumbing obstruction by means of a plunger or a plumber’s snake. If such plumbing tools fail to dislodge the clog do not push too hard, or apply too much pressure to your plumbing system. Often, the use (or misuse) of these plumbing tools can cause much more damage. If you cannot get the pipe flowing call in an emergency plumber.
- Gas leaks: If you smell gas evacuate the building. Gas leaks do not lend themselves to do-it-yourself repairs due to their deadly nature in the wrong hands. Once outside the home call in an emergency plumber or the gas company. If you know where it is, it may be wise to turn off the gas meter at the control valve. If you are not absolutely certain you know what you are doing, do not even attempt it. Simply call and wait for an experienced professional.
- Broken Water Heater: There are many different things that may cause a water heater to malfunction. There are many different components and factors to a water heater, from gas lines to leaking storage tanks. If you are in need of hot water for your home or business, it is always best to call in an emergency plumbing professional to solve your water heater problems.
If you have any other issues and need an emergency plumber in Saltash or the surrounding areas be sure to contact Plymstock Plumbing and heating.
Which boiler is best for you?
New condensing boilers are far more efficient and reliable. So if your boiler is old and unreliable we highly recommend you consider replacing your existing boiler with a newer model. With greater efficiency a new boiler will help to bring down your heating bills, transforming the energy efficiency of your home in the process.
50 deaths a year due to faulty boilers!
You might not know it to look at them but some older boilers can pose a danger. There’s a real risk of exposure to dangerous emissions such as carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide. There are around 50 deaths every year, as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning, and more than 200 people and up in hospital due to exposure to the poisonous gas. So replacing your old boiler could make your home safer and warmer.
Modern central heating boilers are much safer, although it’s important to make sure you have any gas appliance serviced and checked annually. They also benefit from greater efficiency ratings, over 90% in comparison to 50% for some older boilers, and with lower emissions are far kinder to the environment.
If like our latest client you require a boiler replacement in Saltash or the surrounding areas please contact us today for a free quote.
Boiler installation in Plymstock
Plymstock plumbing and heating provide boiler installation in Plymstock and the surrounding areas. To help you decide if you need a repair or to invest in a boiler we have added our 5 top reasons below.
Top 5 reasons to invest in a new Boiler Installation in Plymstock
- Studies conducted by which have shown that home owners in terraced or semi-detached homes could be saving up to £400 a year with a brand new energy efficient boiler. This would mean your Plymstock boiler installation would be paid for in 4 years and every year after that you are saving a large amount of money.
- New boilers can come with a warranty of over 7 years. It is a lot more cost effective to have a boiler under warranty than continue paying for repairs to an old boiler.
- If you have a boiler that is over ten years old it might not be complying with current legal legislations. This is something to really look into if you are a landlord.
- Landlords also need to be aware of the current legislation that came into effect on the 1st of January 2013. Your boiler ha to have a flue that is accessible to a Gas safe engineer. I it is not you will fail your inspection.
- If you are having to call out a gas safe engineer more than once a year it will be more cost effective to buy a new boiler. Our boiler installation in Plymstock come with a warranty and you can get a combi boiler swap for as little as £1700
Annual fuel costs with different boiler types (source: Sedbuk)
Boiler type Efficiency Flat Terraced Semi-detached Detached
Old gas heavy weight 55% £779 £1062 £1204 £1705
Old gas light weight 65% £659 £898 £1019 £1442
New non-condensing 78% £549 £749 £849 £1202
New condensing 89% £481 £656 £744 £1053
As you can see from the table above you will save a lot of money with a new boiler so it is worth the investment. For any further information on our Boiler installation in Plymstock please call us today for a free no obligation quote.
Radiator repair in Saltash – Case Study
Plymstock Plumbing and Heating have been providing radiator repair in Saltash this week with two of our customers having a similar issue. Both customers have been suffering from having partially cold radiators. This normally occurs when you have sludge built up at the bottom of the radiator causing a partial blockage to the water flow. This in turn causes the top half of the radiator to cool leaving you with half a working radiator. The solution to this problem is usually to perform a power flush of the system which will remove any debris and sludge allowing the water to fully circulate around and improve the heat distribution.
About our radiator repair in saltash
Your radiators are designed to distribute heat around your home and allow you to prioritise heat to the areas you require it the most. If they stop working this can obviously cause issues especially during the winter time. Plymstock plumbing and Heating have been providing radiator repair in Saltash for over ten years and during that time have come across every problem you could imagine.
We don’t just offer radiator repair in saltash we can install a whole range of radiators and towel rails in your home or office and are happy to give you any professional advice regarding the type and size that would best suit your home.
Replacing and installing a radiator
As already mentioned there are a number of different radiator styles. What you require will depend on the size, style and budget you have to work with. If you have a large room you might require more than one radiator or think it necessary to install a double panel to increase the heat to meet your demands.
Our engineers who provide radiator repair in Saltash will happily access your current set up and system and advice you on what would best suit your needs. We can also advice you on what extra pipe work you might need and what costs you will be looking at dependent on the situation.
If you need any further information about our installation or radiator repairs in Saltash or any other areas of Plymouth please contact us for a no obligation quote.
Plumbing in Devonport – Why You Should Call Your Local Experts!
Among plumbers in Devonport, our fully qualified engineers represent one of the most reliable plumbing firms in the Plymouth area. Whatever plumbing service you require, be it breakdown servicing, plumbing installations for either domestic or commercial use – you’re unlikely to find a more professional, friendly or efficient team of specialists so if you are looking for a plumber in Devonport read our latest case study on work we have been carrying out in the local area.
Bathroom Design for a new customer (pictures coming soon)
Over the last couple of days we have been designing and fitting a new bathroom for a customer in Devonport. This job included all of the plumbing work for the shower, sink, toilet and bath as well as managing the rest or the installation including tiling, electrics and plastering. This was an enjoyable job and has been completed without any issues and the customer was very happy with the work completed leaving a nice testimonial on Checkatrade.com.
Check back for the pictures relating to this job which we will upload soon.
So why choose Plymstock Plumbing for any Plumbing in Devonport? (around the PL1 4BX area)
With a wealth of experience of bathroom and kitchen repairs of all kinds, it’s little wonder why we’re thought of as one of the most reliable plumbers in Devonport. We offer a highly professional service across Plymouth with a team of experienced and qualified (CIPHE) plumbers who are available 24 hours a day and we guarantee to solve everything from a plumbing related problem to the design and creation of new bathrooms or kitchens. We undertake complete or part refurbishments and have specialist tilers for that exclusive finish.
Take the stress out of all your plumbing problems
We know how stressful it can be when a plumbing emergency occurs, that’s why we aim to get to you within an hour at the latest for all emergency plumbing calls.. We’ve been providing emergency plumber services for many years now and as a result, we have built a reputation for speed, quality & great value for money.
If you need a plumber in Devonport now, call us for a fast response on 07974 893383 .
Customers can rest assured that our emergency plumber service is of the highest standard, with all plumbing workmanship being fully guaranteed. Plymstock Plumbing and Heating can offer you gas repairs and regular gas service and safety inspections – providing you with total peace of mind at a fraction of the cost of our competitors. We provide one hour response to all your emergency gas calls. All gas workmanship is guaranteed and our charges are absolutely transparent. If you require a plumber in Devonport contact us today for a free no obligation quote on the work needed.