Emergency plumber in Saltash – case study
In the early hours of Wednesday morning an emergency plumber in saltash was required at a local residents. This job involved a broken water pipe that had started leaking all over the place. Plymstock Plumbing and Heating pride itself on the fact in can respond quickly to any emergency plumbing in Saltash or the surrounding areas and was happy to oblige.
To give you an idea of the 5 most common calls we get for our emergency plumbing see below. Of course if you have any of them be sure to give us a call. We will be the quickest response to anybody who requires an emergency plumber in Saltash.
The 5 most common calls for an emergency plumber in Saltash and what to do before the plumber arrives.
- Broken Water Pipes: The number 1 priority, until the emergency plumber arrives on the scene is stop water flowing out of the leak in the pipe. Locate the main shutoff valve to the house and close it. Turning off the shutoff valve will close the water supply to the fixtures and therefore stop the flood. After the main shutoff valve to the home is closed, turn on the cold water taps to drain the pipes from the trapped water. After the water stops flowing from the broken water line, call a local emergency plumber in saltash to repair or replace the broken section of plumbing.
- Leaky Plumbing Fixtures: Close the water shutoff valve leading to the leaky plumbing fixture. Check the plumbing fixture’s trap for debris, hair, soap scum, and food particles that might obstruct its opening and cause overflowing of the fixture. Contact an emergency plumber in Saltash for effective plumbing fixture repairs.
- Blocked Drains & Toilets: Try to lift the plumbing obstruction by means of a plunger or a plumber’s snake. If such plumbing tools fail to dislodge the clog do not push too hard, or apply too much pressure to your plumbing system. Often, the use (or misuse) of these plumbing tools can cause much more damage. If you cannot get the pipe flowing call in an emergency plumber.
- Gas leaks: If you smell gas evacuate the building. Gas leaks do not lend themselves to do-it-yourself repairs due to their deadly nature in the wrong hands. Once outside the home call in an emergency plumber or the gas company. If you know where it is, it may be wise to turn off the gas meter at the control valve. If you are not absolutely certain you know what you are doing, do not even attempt it. Simply call and wait for an experienced professional.
- Broken Water Heater: There are many different things that may cause a water heater to malfunction. There are many different components and factors to a water heater, from gas lines to leaking storage tanks. If you are in need of hot water for your home or business, it is always best to call in an emergency plumbing professional to solve your water heater problems.
If you have any other issues and need an emergency plumber in Saltash or the surrounding areas be sure to contact Plymstock Plumbing and heating.